Injection Molding for Auto Parts
China now is the largest automobile consumer. According to the research of the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, in 2013 the number of car sales in China market reached 21,984,100 sets, an increase of 13.87%, both car production and sales in China are the largest in the world. Along with the auto industry booming, plastic injection molding for auto parts are growing fast, 90% of automotive parts are produced by injection molds, this is a huge market for China mold making factories.
Character of auto part molds:
- Large size: auto part like car bumpers, fenders, hoods, grilles, doors, backseats, front covers are in larges size, so the injection molds are need to be made in large size as well. This would require the injection mold makers to invest on large size machines.
- Complex surface: part with complex surface need to be machined by high speed and high precision CNC.
- Mold flow analysis is highly recommended in pre-design stage. For a long melt flow auto parts like car bumpers and grilles, application of mold flow analysis can provide the optimum gating solution and minimize injection molding cycle, multiple hot nozzles are employed frequently.
- Mould steel: NAK80, 738H, SKD61, P20, 718, 718H, 2738, 738, etc.
- Plastic Material: ABS, PP, POM, PS, PVC, HDPE, HIPS, etc.
- Mould base: LKM
- Hot runner: YUDO, Mold Masters etc as specified.
- Standard parts: DME, HASCO, etc.