Precision molding of small plastic parts in Shenzhen/Dongguan China
I am trying to manufacture some small precision parts in Shenzhen/Dongguan China, and I am looking for a factory capable of precision molding. I have at least 2 questions, but as I go along if more questions will arise, so be it.
1. Can someone recommend a Chinese factory, either small or medium size, capable of small part precision molding?
2. How is it possible, if I have never done business with a Chinese factory or it has not been recommended by anyone, to judge if they can actually hold the tolerances they claim they can? Is there such a thing as as a precision mold? Based on claims of the factories, they all have super high precision equipment to make their molds? That means nothing, since what comes out of these molding machines is low precision stuff. Is it possible to tell from the injection molding equipment they have if they are capable of high precision molding? Is there such a thing as a precision injection molding machine? And if so how which type?
I would like, if possible to get some answers. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.
If you would like to know if this supplier is reliable and capable or not. you may try to approach by below methods.
1) check how many years this company has been established and how many staff of they are.
2) contact them to get their customer lists so that you may contact one or two their customers they are close to your area to see their reputation.
3) for the dimension precision, you can ask them to send you similar products to show you their experiences in doing this kind of project.
4) most important of all, this company must be medium scale and they promise to return the tooling cost on the proforma invoice if they missed to meet your required dimension precision.
I think Jane is right!
-The factory history is VERY important, you know some potential customer willing ask how do you to avoid there quality problems, we said, we have there problems 15 years ago, so we can fix the them.
-the dimension precision, beside the molding design capability, the quality system equality important, a good quality system can make sure every pc of the part delivery to you in good quality, you can ask the suppliers to submit you the quality system certificate to you for your reference, BTW, who, which organization, issues the quality system certificate is a key point, a reliable organization can support you to audit the factory's quality system in a good condition, such as DNV, SGS etc,
Good luck to your project!
why at all do the job in China
lots of European companies are competitive in this field
It is known to hold a 10 micron tolerance on a 10mm dimension but impossible to hold over a 100mm dimension. So called accurate CNC machines are normally only good for 25 microns with normal precision machining. If used in a proper toolmaking environment using a toolmakers method the same machine can hold 5 microns.
If you walk round any mould makers premises while they are working you can see if they are toolmakers or just precision machinists.
If you contact me directly I will be glad to share some contact information with you. I have been working with companies in the Shenzhen area for over 12 years. There are many capable vendors there. You need to make sure the middle level managers are effective at any source you choose there. This supplier I am talking about has a class 10,000 clean room for small precision molding.
If possible, please posted me the details. we will solve all issues.
welcome you warmly to visit our factory.
a. My recommendation to you is to make sure whatever company recommendation you use come from someone in your industry that does very similar work. That will increase the chance for a blissful marriage.
b. Also, just like with a potential spouse, don't fall in love too quickly. Start slowly with something non-critical like a second source for an existing part. Because the only truly accurate confirmation that they will meet your needs will come from direct experience.